Tuesday 9 September 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.



Author
: Stephenie Meyer.

ISBN: 978-1-904233-65-7
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 434
Format: Paperback
Publisher: atom

"When 17 year old Isabella Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father she expects that her new life will be as dull as the town. But in spite of her awkward manner and low expectations, she finds that her new classmates are drawn to this pale, dark-haired new girl in town. But not, it seems, the Cullen family. These five adopted brothers and sisters obviously prefer their own company and will make no exception for Bella. Bella is convinced that Edward Cullen in particular hates her, but she feels a strange attraction to him, although his hostility makes her feel almost physically ill. He seems determined to push her away ? until, that is, he saves her life from an out of control car. Bella will soon discover that there is a very good reason for Edward's coldness. He, and his family, are vampires ? and he knows how dangerous it is for others to get too close."

I first heard about this book a couple of months ago, when hubby told me about a new movie that was coming out and he asked if I had read the book? When he told me it was 'Twilight' I told him I had never heard of it. So off I went and searched for reviews of the book on Amazon and Play.com. Funnily enough, I was put off by all the positive reviews the book got, as it seemed to be really hyped up and sometimes that puts me off. Anyway, after reading yet more positive reviews I decided to go ahead and buy it and read it for myself.

WOW! I was hooked from page one. I absolutely love Edward in this book. I'm 37 years old and I'm totally sad! LOL. His romance with Bella was so addicting to read and I just loved reading how their relationship progressed. I like the way this author made Edward so desirable, and I have an image of him in my mind, and it's not the image of the actor who plays Edward in the movie!

I enjoyed the whole book, it was romantic, sexy, intense and exciting, but the ending of this book I wasn't too overly keen on, as Bella just seems to be whining a lot. However I'm not complaining as I loved the book, and for me it is the best Vampire book I have read. I've only ever read Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire and The Vampire Lestat, which were great books but I just enjoyed this book so much more. I guess it's because I like the relationship slushy stuff, which there is a lot of this in the book and quite a bit of sexual build up between Edward and Bella, which the book focuses on a lot.

If anything, this book is more about Edward and Bella building a relationship, rather than Vampires on the prowl etc.

I can't wait to read the other three books that follow; New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you enjoyed this so much. I hope you do continue with the series. I am really looking forward to the film coming out...

Maggs said...

Same here Katie. I am really looking forward to the movie too. I hope they haven't ruined the story though.

Clare said...

So glad you enjoyed this, its a fab series.

Maggs said...

I have the next two on their way! Yay!

Toni said...

Hi Margo! I loved reading your review! Now that I have read it I am going back to read all the reviews! I enjoyed this book a lot. I agree the sexual build up in the book was huge!