Saturday 31 January 2009

Across The Universe (Blu Ray)


I know this isn't a book, but I watched this on Blu ray last Thursday and I absolutely loved it. It's a musical that is filled from start to finish with Beatle's hits.
It isn't your normal fluffy slushy musical and certainly not just for the girls. In fact I thought it was suited for both sexes but leaned more towards the boys this time.

It's about a boy Jude, who decides to go and find his father in America. There he finds love. There's some ups and down and some really moving moments. I loved it. I'm not going to say more than that, as otherwise I'll spoil it.

Every song was great to listen to, and I found myself with a huge smile on my face every time a song began. Bono from U2 and Eddie Izzard, and Joe Cocker all appear in this movie, not as themselves. They were brilliant!

If you love the Beatle's you will love this movie, if you love Musicals I think you'll love it too, if you're the kind of person who isn't so into musicals, give this one a try, I think you may just like it.

5/5

3 comments:

Lorena G. Sims said...

I did enjoy watching this movie. I love it!

Kailana said...

I loved this movie. I went through a period where I watched it all the time!

Toni said...

Believe it or not.. I just got this movie about a month ago. I have never read a N. Sparks book. I watched it with the Hubby.. and we both were enchanted 100%. I wish they made more movies like this. It is a favorite of mine.... LOOOVE Gena Rowlands too!!!