Friday 26 December 2008

Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach

Author: Richard Bach
ISBN: 978-0-00-649034-0
Genre: Historical- Non Fiction.
Pages: 87
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Harper Element

"Jonathan is sick and tired of the boring life in his sea-gull clan. He rather experiments with new, always more daring flying techniques. Since he doesn't fit in, the elders expel him from the clan. So he sets out to discover the world beyond the horizon in quest for wisdom."

This was a xmas present from one of my sons. It's a lovely little book of 87 pages, and is filled with a wonderful up lifting story. As I was reading this book, I was wondering whether if it had been made into a children's cartoon/movie? I can see it being one.

The story is about how Jonathan Livingston Seagull, wants to fly, he wants to break free from the restraints of his flock and show them, how free and wonderful it is and how you can push yourself to make your dreams come true.

But will the flock listen? You'll have to read for yourself. ;)

I really love this book. I read it in an hour, which anyone can do. It's has some really nice pictures of Seagulls in flight throughout the book as the story progresses.

A wonderful book for all ages, a great story to tell children. Especially special to me, because my son bought me it.

No comments: