Thursday 1 January 2009

SOUL ON THE STREET - WILLIAM ROACHE


Author: William Roache
ISBN: 978-1-84850-015-0
Genre: Science Fiction
Pages: 300
Format: Paperback
Publisher: HAY HOUSE

"As a young actor, William auditioned for a TV drama that was likely to be running for only a few weeks. Now, 47 years later, he is the only original cast member and the soap's success has established him as a household name. Over the course of that time, William's character Ken Barlow has been married four times, twice to Deirdre, and had a series of tumultuous affairs. This gripping story will appeal to fans of "The Street" and will make inspiring listening for anyone interested in personal development."

I first heard about this book when I saw Mr Roache on TV talking about his new book, and with me not really being a fan of his what made me sit up and listen was watching him talk about some of his spiritual beliefs. From that moment on I was interested and wanted his book. I looked at reviews online which praised it, and so when my sis asked what I wanted for xmas, I asked her for that. I am so pleased I did.

Being a biography, this book starts off with William telling you about his childhood, his schooling etc and his life into adulthood and how he came to be an actor in Coronation Street. He talks about some of the people he has worked with in the show. There are some personal things he brings up in his life which I found quite sad, like the loss of his daughter Edwina. But as the book goes along, most of all I found it to be a book of a good heapful of spiritual medicine. As William talks about his beliefs and the huge impact his beliefs have had on his life, I found myself being drawn in and I found it hard to put the book down. I just wanted to read more and more. It's such a positive read.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in William Roache as an actor to get a better sense of who he is and how he became famous. I would also recommend this book to anyone who is interested in spirituality. It was an inspirational read for me, and certainly something I needed to read right now.


I would highly recommened this book to anyone interested.

5/5 stars from me.




No comments: