Sunday 19 October 2008

Moondance of Stonewylde by Kit Berry.





Author
: Kit Berry

ISBN: 0-9551-4391-8
Genre: Fantasy - Fiction
Pages: 305
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Moongazy Publishing.

""Moondance of Stonewylde" is the second in this series of five titles, and follows on from "Magus of Stonewylde". The story is picked up again at the Summer Solstice, where Yul has incurred Magus' wrath by challenging him for the leadership of the community. The sunrise ceremony amongst the great standing stones was a disaster for Magus, with Yul lighting the Solstice Fire and receiving the powerful earth energy in his place. But Magus still holds the power, and embarks on another attempt to subdue the rebellious Village boy. The story unfolds throughout the glorious summer at Stonewylde, where crops are grown organically and the people are self-sufficient and productive. Beautiful descriptions flow of this idyllic place, a community steeped in magic and time-honoured traditions. There's an exhilarating cricket match on the Village Green at Lammas, and the harvesting of wheat in honour of the Corn Mother. Yul proves worthy of the wise-woman's prophecies, hardening himself to the brutality that Magus inflicts so casually, and waiting with growing impatience for the time when his destiny can be fulfilled.But Magus discovers Sylvie's secret gift, bestowed during the rising of each full moon, and sees a way to exploit her to boost his own waning power. "

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I really enjoyed the first installment 'Magus of Stonewylde', and so when I ordered this book from Kit Berry I was so eager to read it. I really enjoyed the story, it was fast paced and exciting. I love Yul in this series, he is one of my favourite characters. Sylvie is great too and I love Mother Heggy. She is definitely a favourite of mine. Once again, I love reading about the pagan way of life, the festivals, celebrations and Solstice's etc. I like the fight between Good (Yul) and evil (Magus). At the end of this book as I was learning more about a certain two characters, I was trying to work out and guess what's going to happen in Book 3 'Solstice at Stonewylde.' I was like a-ha! I see ......... lol.

I would love to see this series made into a movie, it would be a huge block buster!

Anyway, to end this. These are my most favourite pagan novels. Magus of Stonewylde still remains to be my favourite so far. Moondance was really good, but was the weaker one of the two imo, and I enjoyed MOS more.
Anyway these books will be staying on my book shelf to be read again one day as I love them! Lets hope they do move to the movie screen one day in the near future!

No comments: