Thursday 2 October 2008

New Moon - Stephenie Meyer.



Author: Stephenie Meyer
ISBN: 978-1-904233-88-6
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 563
Format: Paperback
Publisher: atom

"I stuck my finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape. 'Shoot,' I muttered when the paper sliced my finger. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut. It all happened very quickly then. 'No!' Edward roared ...Dazed and disorientated, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm - and into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires. For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realise their troubles may just be beginning ..."

Having read Twilight I was excited about reading 'New Moon'. I couldn't wait to get started. Like Twilight I found this book easy to get into and fast paced in most places, although there was a section of the book I found a bit slow and wanted to get it over with. That section for me was when Alice enters. Also there are parts in the book where Bella seems really immature, but then I have to remind myself that she's only supposed to be a teenager in the book, just a kid.

As I was reading the book I guessed about the whole Jacob thing, it was pretty predictable but I enjoyed it. I did feel sad for Jacob but I really missed Edward the most. It was well worth it though when he made his appearance in the book.

Near the end of this book I was smiling all the way through it, I wanted to scream do it!!! But what and with whom to do it with, is for you to find out. :)

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, it's not as good as Twilight but still very enjoyable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the Jacob stuff was pretty predictable but still fun. Twilight is definitely the best in the series, but I hope you stick with it and finish the next two.

Maggs said...

I am going to Rhinoa, I am loving the series so far. I haven't been hooked on a series since HP.

Clare said...

I'd agree Twilight is definitely the best although yet to read Eclipse, its a fab series.

Maggs said...

Clare, I loved Eclipse, it came very close to twilight. :)

Jess said...

I loved Twilight,New Moon and Eclipse equally.