Tuesday 28 October 2008

Solstice at Stonewylde by Kit Berry.



Author
: Kit Berry

ISBN: 978-0-9551439-3-9
Genre: Fantasy - Fiction
Pages: 329
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Moongazy Publishing.

"The "Stonewylde" series, now into its third title, has developed a huge cult following. It's enjoyed equally by men, women and teenagers, and retailers find it hard to decide where to position the books in-store. The series defies categorisation because it has something for everyone and spans several genres. But above all, it has the secret ingredient essential to a best-selling series - an absolutely riveting plot that makes the books "unputdownable". "Solstice at Stonewylde" continues the story of Sylvie and Yul, their developing love for each other, and their battle to survive the cruelty and domination of Magus. Yul was left hovering at the gates of death in the last book - now he is subjected to a terrifying ordeal in the Stone Circle at Samhain (Hallowe'en) as Magus attempts to negate the old prophecy.."

After having read the first two installments of this book, I was really looking forward to this book. I can say that I totally loved this installment and thought it was brilliant! It was fast paced and exciting, I really liked professor Siskin I thought he was great. Yet again, I loved Yul, Sylvie, Mother Heggy and of course Magus. For some reason I 'loved' to hate him! LOL.

I have really enjoyed this series so far, and all we need now is for Kit to hurry and get the next book published 'Shadows at Stonewylde'.

Again, if you like to read Pagan fiction, then I think you'll really enjoy these books.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to read this series in 2009, it sounds wonderful. Thanks for the reviews and I hope the next one comes out soon for you.

Maggs said...

Aww thanks Katie. I do think you'll like this series.

pamela said...

What an impressive blog!! I will have to check out some of your book suggestions...I'm intriqued.

Toni said...

Hey this is good to hear... Love to hear that the third title doesn't disappoint. I have never been a big "series" reader but I am getting there and this might be a fun place to keep going after HP and Twilight.

Thanks for the review.

Maggs said...

Pamela - Thank you. In 2009 you'll find some more Vampire novel recommendations, as I think I've found one of my favourite genre's.

Toni - You're welcome, and I've never been a big series reader either, I have only read most of HP, still have book 2 and 3 to read, but read the rest of them and know what happens in 2 and 3 due to the movies which I love too.

I have found another vampire series by Christine Warren, so will be getting those in 2009.

I hope you enjoy the Stonewylde series, they are really good.